Saturday 12 May 2012

I was once (nearly) a steward at Cambridge Wordfest... (3)

More views of - or before - Cambridge Film Festival 2012
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


13 May

Of course, come the full Spring Wordfest (13 - 15 April), I received my reward:

* First pick of which four- to five-hour stewarding slot I wanted to fill, which meant that, by being present at three events in a row, I could guarantee hearing those speakers who most interested me

* Two complimentary admissions to events when off duty

* Free tea and coffee at the bar

* Extra discount on items boought from the Wordfest book-stall

* A refund of around £9.00 to reflect my travel expenses on the night of the 'wasted' training last year


Or maybe that is what would have been nice to be offered, rather than just sent an unitemized amount that did not even compensate me for not hearing the speakers at the events in my shift, and getting to go free into those during the rest of the day that had not sold out


No comments: