Thursday 19 January 2012

Teatime Tasties Ltd

More views of - or after - Cambridge Film Festival 2011
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


20 January

Either you will understand (and share) this compulsion, or you will not - I saw, just once, an HGV bearing this name and was so heartened by its old-fashioned ring that I had to record it. Now is its moment of flying more freely!

For another that puns on the name of a famous painter, this oft-seen one takes some beating:

Vincent Van Hire


I do hate to think what they ask for as a deposit...

A more curious one (again, seen but once) is not for what it obviously relates to - as there is a time of year when it and related matter is fluttering in the currents on our roads - as the choice of name:

R. F. Straw Services


'Would you have need of some straw services?', the pitch might go, I guess. (Beats that stupidly misused word 'logistics', when it means little more than 'haulage', even if the load is refrigerated.)

Finally, a friend has the initials RPC, so I am always tickled by:

RPC Containers Limited


PS And how could I have forgotten - except that I did forget:

Central Crushing Ltd


No comments: