Wednesday 21 September 2011

Second-time-around Tirza

More views of - or at - Cambridge Film Festival 2011
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


21 September

I am really glad that being awake earlier than expected meant that I made it to the re-run (well, re-run for me, but not for my friend Amy, whom I happened to bump into at the bar):

The film was even more beautiful (the landscape, but not only the landscape) than the first time, and it cohered and coalesced wonderfully on a second viewing, as did the involuntary lapsing into Dutch out of English.

No time to say more (consistent with going into something ele in little more than ten minutes), but I shall look out Arnon Grunberg's novel, and also now need to find out whether Namibia was a former Dutch colony and that language would have been as familiar as English...

No comments: